What Is The Course About?
- Put yourself instantly in the Role of a Project Manager! SimulTrain® is a game-based online project management simulator which allows learners to acquire core competencies while improving teamwork and leadership skills in a realistic & fast-paced environment.
- Assume the role of a manager who is in charge of a portfolio of projects and who makes strategic decisions. SimulTrain® Strategic Management is an online, strategic, serious game, which allows learners to rapidly acquire core competencies and experience in the management of multiple projects and their reinforcement of leadership skills.
So far, the simulator is used in more than 50 countries and has contributed to the training of more than 150,000 project managers.
They enjoyed to be exposed to a close to real project, to take decisions under pressure and finally to review them – without any implication on their promotion or career.
- SimulTrain® integrates all aspects of project management;
- SimulTrain® Management integrates all aspects of project portfolios;
- Learning by making mistakes;
- Close to reality;
- Knowledge and skill acquisition that will never be forgotten;
- An opportunity for practicing the execution phase of a project;
- Challenging, encouraging, and fascinating;
- A competitively-priced, hands-on experience which shows the reality and consequences of leading a project.
Target Groups [SimulTrain® for Project Management]
- Project managers learn to apply their knowledge and review their decisions with the help of an experienced trainer;
- Junior project managers learn how a project is to be planned and executed;
- Senior project manager can review their way of project management.
Basic knowledge about project management.
Target Groups [SimulTrain® for Managers]
- Portfolio / PMO managers learn to apply their knowledge and review their decisions with the help of an experienced trainer;
- Senior project manager can review their way of portfolio management and learn how to manage a PMO.
- Good experience about project management.
- Good knowledge about portfolio management and PMO.
At the end of the simulation, the participants will be able to:
- Plan project resources;
- Use project management tools;
- Control the progress of a project;
- Make team decisions, including in situations of stress;
- React properly in typical situations of project management.
- Project planning
- Resource allocation
- Project execution
- Decision making
- Project controlling
- Project Closing
How Does It Work?
The project simulation SimulTrain® is primarily used in combination with classroom activities.
In teams of 3 to 4 people, learners play the role of the project manager. The teams have to plan and execute a typical mid-sized project. They immediately see the consequences of the decisions they make. Furthermore, they can track the evolution of the costs, the schedule, the quality as well as the human factors.
With the help of SimulTrain, project manager can make all the mistakes while planning and executing a project and learn from these mistakes – just to a reasonable price!
Full of multimedia interaction, SimulTrain® provides the teams with phone calls, emails, and voicemails to create a realistic and stressful environment – just as in real life. Therefore, learners experience stress and working under pressure.
SimulTrain is also an ideal tool for team building or decision making.
SimulTrain is available in more than 20 languages.
Depending on the languages, there are up to 7 scenarios at disposal, reflecting simulations of projects in different areas.
SimulTrain can be run online or with a desktop version.
The simulation lasts for about 8 hours including the phases of planning, execution, and debriefing.
In most cases, the simulation is split into two parts over two days and combined with other learning activities such as company-specific case studies. During two times 4 hours, the learners are confronted with the planning and the execution of a project.
What People Say?
Wong Mun Bin
Assistant Project Manager
thyssenkrupp Elevator Malaysia Sdn Bhd
“It’s an honor to be able to experience the SimulTrain on the second day of the training facilitated by Mr Peter Wyss. This simulation is a perfect tool for managers to experience a real-time project management as it involves schedule planning, resources planning, risk management , project reporting, inter-departmental meetings, mitigation plans due to unforeseen event, staff management in order to get the project completed in due time. In this simulation, we need to act fast shall there be any issues pop-up and needed to be resolved in seconds as the clock waits for no one. Days feel like seconds! (pun intended). The team shall be able to enjoy the excitement and thrill of getting emails, phone calls, instructions from superior as well and other departments to work with (truly reflects the situation managers face from day to day in a process of a project). By the end of the simulation, we get to know our results, whether we manage our time, cost, quality and motivation of the team well. It was unforgettable, I would definitely recommend SimulTrain as a tool to train managers as it has comprehensive elements to run a project. I would really love to try out the advanced version of this Simu lTrain which includes external factors – obstacles from client, authority and others .”
“The project management course was excellent, because firstly we got insight knowledge from the expert (trainer) that has deep knowledge about Project Management, secondly we were given a chance to experience to simulate the Project management tools which is quite interesting to get as closer as much as real situation and thirdly there were a lot of information that we can refer to, so that what we have learned can be automatically implemented in our company, especially currently in my company we are facing the operation readiness, we need the world class practices out there so we can successfully implement world class in our company.”